It is time again to ready your paintings, photos, or carvings for participation in our annual exhibit @ the Rose Shenson Gallery (located on the grounds of the Triton Museum of Art, 1505 Warburton Ave., Santa Clara, CA). We will be displaying our art work during the month of September, so drop off date will be August 30th from 12:00 to 2:00 PM. Our show will be open Saturdays & Sundays (9-6-08 through 10-4-08).
Reviewing some of the procedures
- The charge for one entry is $5.00 and $10.00 for two or more entries.
- Most artists enter 5 paintings. They should be for sale, but we do accept NFS entries. (We need a minimum of 60 entries to hold the show.)
- They need to be properly matted & framed with wire hangers securely attached to the back.
- Very important that you tag your work with its title, your name, phone #, & price on the back.
- Each artist is required to serve as monitor from 12:00-4:00 PM (along with another artist) on one of the days that we are open (Saturdays & Sundays only).
- We will be holding an Artists’ reception with music & refreshments on one of the Sunday afternoons (9-21-08) during the show. Each Artist is expected to contribute a plated “finger food” (either sweet or savory) for refreshments.
- There will be postcard invitations for you to mail to your friends & potential customers.
- In the past we have had a drawing for a contributed painting or print; so if we do that again, we will need a donation for that – let me know if you would like to donate a work of art for this.
- Only full members who are current with their annual dues may participate in this show as exhibitors.
Associate members are encouraged to attend and help in any way that you wish, including sending invitations to your friends and family.
Drop off – August 30, 2008, 12-2pm
Show opens – September 6, 2008
Reception – September 21, 2008, 1:30pm-3:30pm
Show closes – October 4, 2008