DATE: August 22, 2015
TIME: 12:30 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
LOCATION: First Congregational Church at 1980 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose
Demonstrator: Guild member, Al Giraudo
Competitions held this month
Submit photos for Autumn Art Project
Twice yearly (February and August) members are invited to submit one or two of their favorite photographs to be voted upon by membership for our Spring and Autumn Group Projects. Out of the plethora of photographs, the two with the most votes are the ones that we, as a group, will use. Participants may interpret these photographs in any medium, on any substrate, and in any form. Participation is not mandatory. Artwork is presented to membership four (4) months later at a General meeting where each artist is asked to explain their approach to the project, the medium used, etc. Two provisos: when submitting photographs, please seriously consider composition; color copies from magazines or other artists’ photographs are not allowed.
Autumn Group Art Project 2015
Submit one or two photographs: August 22, General Meeting
Deadline and presentation of finished project: December 5, General Meeting
Guidelines for Participation
• You may choose to interpret one or both of the selected photos voted upon.
• You may use any medium to interpret these photos.
• There will be no judging involved, ribbons or awards presented.
• No framing is necessary but your art must be dry to handle by the specified deadline.
• Selected photos (JPEG image) will be emailed to you. It is the responsibility of each participant to make
prints. Those participants without printers may purchase prints from Barb Overholt at $2 per print.